Body shaming should be considered as a crime!

I'm from Toronto. I'm 21 years of age. I have a cute face, everyone used to comment, but no one has proposed me yet! Ohh no, I don't do that boyfriend thing anyway. But when I hit puberty like all other teens, I was so excited about becoming a woman. Years passed, but still, people are considering me as a kid. I realized I'm not that feminine. A woman can't survive only with a beautiful face in this society...Lol! I have good academics. I behave well. Yeah, I'm pretty much confident being me.
I had a clear view of me. I knew my flaws and strength. Still, I loved myself.               

But things got changed, I allowed the negativity around me to enter my life and ruin my inner peace and character. I have a younger sister, yeah, of course, she is much more feminine than me. Whenever we attend a party or any gatherings, people start to compare us! In the beginning, I was ok. I was able to ignore their rubbish comments. I accepted the fact, I'm flat chested. Even then people continued to tease me!                                                                                                           

At one point I started to hate my sister and stopped going out with my family, especially with her!. I was acting like a psycho after hearing others. I was hopeless at that time! My question was-I'm born like this if people can't accept me the way I'm why can't they just mind their own business and get out of my way! Then my mom started to notice my change and She wanted me to go for a breast augmentation surgery to get over this! I was desperate at that time, I was even unable to take a decision. As per my mom's wish and a bit of brainwash I agreed to her and went to the clinic. But the clinic guys were surprisingly good. I had a session there about the surgery, support care needed both before and after the surgery. But now, I feel like I'm not ready yet. I don't know, I feel like I'm doing this to impress others! I hate that feeling the most, changing myself to please others. I have no complaints about the clinic. A person who wants a body transformation, it would be the best place. But not for a person like me! I don't even understand my own feelings and don't wanna do this. I feel like I'm done, worthless!

Original Post
I_am_me posted:

I'm from Toronto. I'm 21 years of age. I have a cute face, everyone used to comment, but no one has proposed me yet! Ohh no, I don't do that boyfriend thing anyway. But when I hit puberty like all other teens, I was so excited about becoming a woman. Years passed, but still, people are considering me as a kid. I realized I'm not that feminine. A woman can't survive only with a beautiful face in this society...Lol! I have good academics. I behave well. Yeah, I'm pretty much confident being me.
I had a clear view of me. I knew my flaws and strength. Still, I loved myself.               

But things got changed, I allowed the negativity around me to enter my life and ruin my inner peace and character. I have a younger sister, yeah, of course, she is much more feminine than me. Whenever we attend a party or any gatherings, people start to compare us! In the beginning, I was ok. I was able to ignore their rubbish comments. I accepted the fact, I'm flat chested. Even then people continued to tease me!                                                                                                           

At one point I started to hate my sister and stopped going out with my family, especially with her!. I was acting like a psycho after hearing others. I was hopeless at that time! My question was-I'm born like this if people can't accept me the way I'm why can't they just mind their own business and get out of my way! Then my mom started to notice my change and She wanted me to go for a breast augmentation surgery to get over this! I was desperate at that time, I was even unable to take a decision. As per my mom's wish and a bit of brainwash I agreed to her and went to the clinic. But the clinic guys were surprisingly good. I had a session there about the surgery, support care needed both before and after the surgery. But now, I feel like I'm not ready yet. I don't know, I feel like I'm doing this to impress others! I hate that feeling the most, changing myself to please others. I have no complaints about the clinic. A person who wants a body transformation, it would be the best place. But not for a person like me! I don't even understand my own feelings and don't wanna do this. I feel like I'm done, worthless!

Ohh so sorry to hear about your experience. I think being feminine is ok...not being feminine is ok. Having curves is ok. Not having curves is ok too. Bashing someone for their body type is not okay!!!!! Dear gurl, what I understand from your post is, you got a good char and you realize your value. So just be yourself.You're absolutely bliss to be yourself. Just ignore that fools, let them go! I love you for, realizing the fact that you are not ready to change for others.

Add Reply