My recent memories

Within the past month, I have remember some instances of sexual abuse from when I was 6. I am now 19. The man who abused me was my next door neighbor, and he is still living next door to my parents. The memories I had were of two separate instances and even though I only recently remember them, I can now see how those events impacted my whole childhood. I've had a lot of strong emotions and I would really like to talk to someone who has been through something similar. It's hard for others to understand what I have gone through, so I'd appreciate it if anyone on here would be willing to talk.

Original Post

Hi. I can relate I know what you are going through. I was sexually abused from the age of 2-11 years of age. The person who abused me was my mothers boyfriend who as a child I thought was my father. I am now 35 and continue to have memories. My mother to this day continues to have a relationship despite the fact that she saw him molesting me. I no longer speak to my mother or anyone in my family. She blamed me for everything and at age 18 told me I was a husband taker. I couldn't believe she said that,  when I was only 2 years old when her boyfriend sexually abused me. I haven't spoken to her in 15 years. It is hard for me on numerous occasions to stay strong but sometime it's hard. She was not there to protect me.

Add Reply

Likes (0)